We probably spend more waking hours at the office than we do at home. Aside from the lack of sleep and obvious stress effects your job can have on your complexion, the fluctuating temperature and low humidity levels can also take their toll. That‘s why it‘s a good idea to keep a small stash of skincare essentials in your desk drawer to help you stay fresh all day. Here are some of our recommendations:
- A hydrating facial mist is an office must-have as it can give your skin a quick boost of hydration without disturbing your makeup. BIOEFFECT OSA Water Mist contains optimized hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance that has the capacity to attract and hold vast amounts of moisture and optimized means it has a smaller or lower molecular weight which allows for deeper and better absorption in the skin.
- Those with oily or combination skin will benefit from having blotting sheets to hand as dry air can cause those skin types to overproduce oil, especially in the T-zone.
- Our hands do a lot of work at the office, tapping away on the keyboard. Because we frequently wash our hands throughout the day, they are at risk of becoming dry. A hand cream is therefore a desk drawer staple. Here at BIOEFFECT HQ we love using BIOEFFECT Body Intensive in place of a hand cream – it comes with a handy pump, the gel-like formula absorbs easily into the skin, the glycerin moisturizes and hydrates while the EGF keeps the back of our hands looking youthful.
- Everyone should have lip balm in their stash to prevent lips from becoming chapped. Even better if it is slightly tinted and glossy, that way you can use it instead of lipstick when you need a bit of a pick-me-up before a meeting.
- We squint and stare at our computer screens all day long. This can cause our eyes to become tired and dry – not to mention the effect it can have on the fine lines around the eyes. To combat this, keep BIOEFFECT EGF Eye Serum in your drawer. The cooling rollerball can be used for a quick, relaxing massage and the hydrating gel formula will keep the skin looking plump and fresh.
- Sometimes your hair can go from OK to greasy in the middle of the day. That’s when a miniature bottle of dry shampoo is a lifesaver. It’ll not only banish the grease but also give your roots a little more oomph.
- We also have to discuss blue light. Some of us have heard that constantly staring at screens all day can damage our eyesight, ruin our sleep patterns, shorten our concentration spans and the list goes on. However, research has also shown that all that blue light from our screens may possibly be making us look older. The high-energy visible light (HEV), otherwise known as blue light, is emitted by fluorescent lighting and LEDs, including smartphones, tablets and computers. Overexposure to it can accelerate signs of aging; worsening wrinkles, fine lines, and hyper-pigmentation. But how do we protect our skin against it? By using hydrating skincare that’s also rich in antioxidants.
- BIOEFFECT EGF + 2A Daily Duo is an advanced free radical defense with barley-based ingredients. It contains our award-winning barley EGF as well as hydrating hyaluronic acid and the antioxidants ferulic and azelaic acids. Just apply in the morning before work and you can face whatever your workday throws at you.